The replacement kitchen, office and boot room addition to a Grade II listed former rectory in Suffolk would replace an ugly block added during the 1950’s. We prepared a heritage appraisal highlighting the importance of the site and setting, as well as areas of the house which were of little or no historical interest and therefore expendable.
Our replacement kitchen and office addition took inspiration from a (demolished) late Georgian single storey wing, and adopted a subtle classical appearance. In addition we also designed a coach house and staff flat, pool house and an ‘eye catcher’ within the park.
Planning Permission and Listed Building Consent were obtained during spring 2013. The project is now complete.